Position: Front-End Web Developer
Salary: £DOE + benefits
Start date: ASAP
Motivated by the thought of your work bringing brands and people closer together?
Excited at the prospect of creating new digital trends, not just following them?
If the answer is yes to both of those questions, read on.
We’re looking for a talented and motivated Front-End Web Developer with a flair for working quickly and efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
This role requires a well-rounded developer who leans towards the front-end, understands the importance of UX design and successfully balances the user’s needs with the brand’s commercial objectives while creating secure, efficient and responsive WordPress builds.
You’ll have a thirst for knowledge and the drive to constantly improve yourself. You don’t mind making mistakes as well as having moments of genius, and you know how to test your ideas. A logical thinker, you understand there are always areas for improvement.
You’ll have the opportunity to work on ground-breaking digital projects, as well as day-to-day WordPress design and development. You’ll be leading these opportunities, so a keen interest in exploring what’s possible when we forgo the ordinary is an absolute must.
You’ll be implored to bring innovation to the creative and technological output of the agency as a whole, keeping up to date with new and emerging digital technologies, techniques and trends. Anything you can bring to the table will be utilised, however irrelevant it is to your job title.
You’re eager to experiment, but you also know what’s tried and tested. You know your 302 from your 301, could talk all day about the semantic implications of the Div element and also know who Jakob is. You can explain your decisions in plain English, as well as hold your own when dealing with technical support.
A big part of what we do is working collaboratively, so you’ll also get the opportunity to produce amazing work alongside our multi-disciplinary creative team. Lucky you.
We work with some amazing brands too, from all walks of life, but recently we’ve made a bit of a name for ourselves in the arts, entertainment and culture, leisure and tourism and retail and FMCG sectors. So expect plenty more where that came from.
Who we’re looking for
- Experience developing, managing and maintaining WordPress websites
- Familiarity with Magento (previous development experience is a plus)
- Solid understanding of UI and UX design, usability, accessibility, cross-browser testing and browser quirks
- Holistic knowledge of digital with a user-centric and data-driven approach, including the ability to glean insight from analytics and communicate this to the team and to clients
- Ability to work with clients on their projects from the initial meeting to the final sign-off, including wireframing, coding, launching and A/B testing
- Ability to collaborate with our in-house designers and VR specialists to create cohesive brand experiences across the web and other digital channels
- Comfortable communicating with both clients and colleagues, translating complex concepts into plain English and presenting them visually, verbally and in writing
Nice to haves:
- Excellent understanding of image editing and design tools such as Sketch and Adobe CC (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign etc.)
- Highly-motivated self-starter with exceptional organisation, time and team management skills
- Sound understanding of the latest web technologies and emerging trends in digital design
- Eye for detail and a commitment to going above and beyond to get the job done
- Ability to work autonomously and collaboratively with like-minded creatives
- Proficient at working under pressure in a fast-paced studio environment
- Ability to identify opportunities with current and potential clients
As you can tell, we’ve got a pretty good idea about who we’re after. But if you have any particular specialisms or passions, we’d love to hear about them.
Now a bit about us
We unite people and brands by turning big ideas into enriching experiences.
Full-service creative agency. Integrated marketing agency. People call us lots of things. But we like to be defined by our actions. Partnering with brands to create meaningful and evocative experiences that connect them with people.
The perfect blend of old buggers and young turks, Holdens is an agency run by a family, like a family. And our roots stretch way back to the birth of modern advertising, back when great ads were fuelled by one simple thing – big ideas.
Coming up with big ideas is still very much in our DNA. But new technology means new ways of bringing them to life – and we do it in all the places and spaces where brands engage with people: physical, digital, experiential and virtual.
From branding, interiors and websites to social media, video and VR, we take a holistic and strategic approach to creating 360° brand experiences that engage people. And we do it using our three-stage approach: Enlighten. Engage. Empower.
Over the years, we’ve quietly attracted the very best creative brains around while still keeping the agency’s family-run mentality and culture at heart. A close-knit collective united by the same restless curiosity and results-driven mindset.
Most importantly, we all firmly believe in the power of brand experiences to change people’s lives for the better. It’s what keeps us up at night and gets us out of bed in the morning. Brands empowering people. People-powered brands.
Building better brands that create better lives.
Brands and people changing the world together.
Creativity, innovation, passion, ambition, honesty.
Holdens VIP is our dedicated people development scheme. It gives everyone that works here access to all the things they need to make them better people. Stuff like training budgets and mentors. Oh, and a bunch of cool perks too. Sounds good doesn’t it?
Development and wellbeing
As a people business, we take our own people’s development and wellbeing very seriously. In fact, it’s probably our number one priority. That’s because we’re only as good as the individuals in our team. And to carry on producing great work, we need every single one of them to be on top form.
At Holdens you’ll benefit from a development and wellbeing scheme from the first moment you step through the door. We’ll find out what your goals are and then put a plan together to help you achieve them. Regular check-ins mean you never stray off track either.
Even better, your development and wellbeing plan gives you access to a dedicated mentor and annual training budget. So whether it’s motion design or meditation you need help with, we’ve always got you covered.
Entitlements and benefits
Everyone here is a Holdens VIP. No exceptions. And while we can’t offer you ball pools and office puppies (yet), we have put together a rather attractive perks package to reward our people. Take a look.
- Flexible working hours*
- 24 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Annual salary reviews
- Shared bonus scheme
- Company pension scheme
- Dedicated training budget
- Personal development and wellbeing plan
- Monthly Friday beers
- Quarterly agency away days
- Christmas lunch and party.
*Minimum 37.5 hours per week between 8:00am and 6:00pm daily
How to apply
Heard enough? Send your CV and portfolio to email@example.com