*No recruitment companies please*
Position: Web Developer
Salary: £25K-£35K DOE + benefits
Location: Manchester, UK
Looking for Web Developer jobs in Manchester?
Motivated at the prospect of creating cutting edge websites, apps and digital experiences that evolve how people interact with brands?
If the answer is yes, read on.
We’re looking for a multi-talented web developer with skills in both front and back end technologies to join our digital team.
This role requires a well-rounded developer who leans towards the front-end, understands the importance of UX design and successfully balances the user’s needs with the brand’s commercial objectives while creating secure, efficient and responsive WordPress builds and bespoke websites and web based applications.
You’ll have a thirst for knowledge and the ability to pick up new frameworks and technologies quickly by applying your existing skills in new areas or to new ways of working. You don’t mind making mistakes as well as having moments of genius, and you know how to test your ideas. A logical thinker, you understand there are always areas for improvement.
You’ll have the opportunity to work on ground-breaking digital projects, as well as day-to-day WordPress development. A keen interest in exploring what’s possible when we forgo the ordinary is an absolute must.
You’ll be implored to bring innovation to the creative and technological output of the agency as a whole, keeping up to date with new and emerging digital technologies, techniques and trends. Anything you can bring to the table will be utilised, however irrelevant it is to your job title.
You’re eager to experiment, but you also know what’s tried and tested. You know your 302 from your 301, your DOM from your CSS and your tables from your flex-box. You can explain your decisions in plain English, as well as hold your own when dealing with technical support.
A big part of what we do is working collaboratively, so you’ll also get the opportunity to produce amazing work alongside our multi-disciplinary creative team.
We work with some amazing brands too, from all walks of life, and our clients span the arts, entertainment, culture, fashion, leisure, tourism, retail, property, placemaking and FMCG sectors. So expect variety and plenty more where that came from.
Who we’re looking for
- Experience developing, managing and maintaining WordPress websites
- A basic understanding of server/domain management – Plesk, CPanel, WHM, DNS updates etc
- Familiarity with some ecommerce platforms (Magento development experience is a plus)
- Solid understanding of UI and UX design, usability, accessibility, cross-browser testing and browser quirks
- Holistic knowledge of digital with a user-centric and data-driven approach, including the ability to glean insight from analytics and communicate this to the team and to clients
- Ability to work with clients on their projects from the initial meeting to the final sign-off, including wireframing, coding, launching and A/B testing
- Ability to collaborate with our in-house designers and VR specialists to create cohesive brand experiences across the web and other digital channels
- Comfortable communicating with both clients and colleagues, translating complex concepts into plain English and presenting them visually, verbally and in writing
Nice to haves:
- Excellent understanding of image editing and design tools such as Sketch and Adobe CC (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign etc.)
- Highly-motivated self-starter with exceptional organisation, time and team management skills
- Sound understanding of the latest web technologies and emerging trends in digital design
- Eye for detail and a commitment to going above and beyond to get the job done
- Ability to work autonomously and collaboratively with like-minded creatives
- Proficient at working under pressure in a fast-paced studio environment
- Ability to identify opportunities with current and potential clients
As you can tell, we’ve got a pretty good idea about who we’re after. But if you have any particular specialisms or passions, we’d love to hear about them.
Now a bit about us
We unite people and brands by turning big ideas into enriching experiences.
Full-service creative agency. Integrated marketing agency. People call us lots of things. But we like to be defined by our actions. Partnering with brands to create meaningful and evocative experiences that connect them with people.
The perfect blend of old buggers and young turks, Holdens is an agency run by a family, like a family. And our roots stretch way back to the birth of modern advertising, back when great ads were fuelled by one simple thing – big ideas.
Coming up with big ideas is still very much in our DNA. But new technology means new ways of bringing them to life – and we do it in all the places and spaces where brands engage with people: TV, digital, social, experiential and virtual.
From branding, interiors and websites to social media, video and VR, we take a holistic and strategic approach to creating 360° brand experiences that engage people. And we do it using our three-stage approach: Enlighten. Engage. Empower.
Over the years, we’ve quietly attracted the very best creative brains around while still keeping the agency’s family-run mentality and culture at heart. A close-knit collective united by the same restless curiosity and results-driven mindset.
Most importantly, we all firmly believe in the power of brand experiences to change people’s lives for the better. It’s what keeps us up at night and gets us out of bed in the morning. Brands empowering people. People-powered brands.
Building better brands that create better lives.
Brands and people changing the world together.
Creativity, innovation, passion, ambition, honesty.
Holdens VIP is our dedicated people development scheme. It gives everyone that works here access to all the things they need to make them better people. Stuff like training budgets and mentors. And while we can’t offer you pool tables and office puppies (yet), we have put together a rather attractive perks package to reward our people. Oh, and a bunch of other cool perks too.
Development and wellbeing
As a people business, we take our own people’s development and wellbeing very seriously. In fact, it’s our number one priority. That’s because we’re only as good as the individuals in our team. And to carry on producing great work, we need every single one of us to be on top form. And it’s just the right thing to do.
At Holdens you’ll benefit from a development and wellbeing scheme from the first moment you step through the door. We’ll find out what your goals are and then put a plan together to help you achieve them. Regular check-ins and whenever you need them mean you never stray off track either.
Even better, your development and wellbeing plan gives you access to an annual training budget. So whether it’s motion design or meditation you need help with, we’ve always got you covered.
Entitlements and benefits
Everyone here is a Holdens VIP. No exceptions. And while we can’t offer you ball pools and office puppies (yet), we have put together a rather attractive perks package to reward our people. Take a look.
- Flexible working hours (Minimum 37.5 hours per week between 8:00am and 6:00pm daily)
- 24 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Personal development and wellbeing plan
- Dedicated training budget
- Regular personal development reviews (And whenever you need them)
- Regular salary reviews based on performance
- Profit shares and annual bonus scheme
- Commission on new leads
- Bupa private healthcare for you and your partner
- Company pension scheme
- Recruitment referral rewards
- Rewards for long-serving team members
- Birthday day off and present
- Access to Perkbox discounts and rewards
- 10% discount at Nuffield Health
- Weekly Friday drinks and 4pm finish
- Annual away day
- Christmas lunch and party
*Minimum 37.5 hours per week between 8:00am and 6:30pm daily
How to apply
Heard enough? Send your CV and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org