Position: Senior Copywriter
Salary: £DOE + benefits
Location: Manchester, UK / Remote working
Excited at the prospect of creating new and innovative brand experiences?
Motivated by the thought of your work bringing brands and people closer together?
Experienced copywriter with at least five years’ agency experience?
If the answer is yes to all of those questions, please read on.
We’re looking for an experienced Senior Copywriter who’s up for the challenge of working on a multitude of creative projects, from brand positioning to TV campaigns and everything in between. This role requires a driven and enthusiastic Senior Copywriter who lives and breathes their work, with a passion for the art and a strategic mind for the science.
With at least five years’ copywriting experience under your belt, you’ll be adept at working alongside a Creative Lead, Art Director or Senior Designer and part of a close knit, agile team of creatives and marketeers with the common goal of producing groundbreaking work and inspirational content across multiple channels.
This senior role involves working as part of the agency’s leadership team to help mould and fulfill its creative and strategic vision. You will also be implored to bring innovation to the creative and technological output of the agency as a whole, keeping abreast of new and emerging communication channels and techniques.
You’ll have the opportunity to gain versatile experience across a range of industries and sectors, with a particular focus on Leisure and Tourism, Arts and Culture and Property and Place Making.
Most importantly, we’re looking for someone that can really hit the ground running and get stuck into the job at hand. You’ll be given lots of opportunity to learn quickly and dive head first into exciting challenges.
A big part of what we do is working collaboratively, so you’ll also get the opportunity to deliver amazing work alongside our multi-disciplinary team of creatives and content producers.
Who we’re looking for
- Creative and strategic copywriting for a broad range of brands based on research and insight into the client’s audiences and objectives
- Copywriting for brand positioning, social media and digital content and campaigns, TV and outdoor campaigns, video and mixed reality experiences (AR & VR)
- Lead and collaborate with the team in conceptualising, producing and delivering world-class creative and oversee projects to ensure creative consistency and integrity across everything we produce
- Work as part of the agency’s leadership team to help mould and fulfill its creative and strategic vision
- Attend and often lead client meetings, workshops and ideation sessions
- Confidently communicate your creative concepts and ideas to the wider team, in client meetings and in pitch settings
- Own the agency’s tone of voice and brand essence across all channels, mediums and materials. Working as part of the leadership team to evolve the Holden’s brand creatively and strategically whenever and wherever is appropriate, ensuring that we stay relevant, innovative and true to who we are
- Creatively curate the Holdens social output. This involves working closely with the social media managers / execs and wider team to brainstorm ideas, develop a content plan and ensure tone of voice consistency
- Edit and creatively curate the Holdens ‘Thoughts’ output. This involves creating content plans, developing regular feature and article ideas and supporting the wider team to write pieces
- Mentor and guide junior and mid-weight members of the team in managing and approaching their own workload and achieving their professional goals
- Attending conferences and networking events to improve your knowledge and widen your network
- Keep abreast of the latest innovations in brand experiences and trends and learn how to implement these in client brand positioning and narrative, campaigns and experiences.
- Experienced in conceptualising creative campaign ideas, presenting them to clients, and working with a team of creatives to bring them to life across all channels
- Experienced in brand positioning and brand guidelines
Experienced in writing social post copy for ads and organic content
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- A team player with a drive for collaboration
- Super organised with exceptional admin skills
- A grammar nerd that loves pointing out typos
- Ability to manage time and multi-task efficiently
- A keen attention to detail and eye for the specifics
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- A passion for the industry and ambition for growth
- An entrepreneurial spirit and commercial acumen
- At least five years’ agency experience in a Copywriter role
- Competent with Microsoft Office
As you can tell, we’ve got a pretty good idea about who we’re after. But if you have any particular specialisms or passions, we’d love to hear about them.
Now a bit about us
We unite people and brands by turning big ideas into enriching experiences.
Full-service creative agency. Integrated marketing agency. People call us lots of things. But we like to be defined by our actions. Partnering with brands to create meaningful and evocative experiences that connect them with people.
Coming up with big ideas is still very much in our DNA. But new technology means new ways of bringing them to life – and we do it in all the places and spaces where brands engage with people: TV, digital, social, experiential and virtual.
From branding and websites to social media, video and XR, we take a holistic and strategic approach to creating 360° brand experiences that engage people. And we do it using our three-stage approach: Enlighten. Engage. Empower.
Over the years, we’ve quietly attracted the very best creative brains around while still keeping the agency’s family-run mentality and culture at heart. A close-knit collective united by the same restless curiosity and results-driven mindset.
Most importantly, we all firmly believe in the power of brand experiences to change people’s lives for the better. It’s what keeps us up at night and gets us out of bed in the morning. Brands empowering people. People-powered brands.
Building better brands that create better lives.
Brands and people changing the world together.
Creativity, innovation, passion, ambition, honesty.
Holdens VIP is our dedicated people development scheme. It gives everyone that works here access to all the things they need to make them better people. Stuff like training budgets and mentors. Oh, and a bunch of cool perks too. Sounds good doesn’t it?
Development and wellbeing
As a people business, we take our own people’s development and wellbeing very seriously. In fact, it’s our number one priority. That’s because we’re only as good as the individuals in our team. And to carry on producing great work, we need every single one of us to be on top form.
At Holdens you’ll benefit from a personal development scheme from the first moment you step through the door. We’ll find out what your goals are and then put a plan together to help you achieve them. Regular check-ins mean you never stray off track either.
Entitlements and benefits
Everyone here is a Holdens VIP. No exceptions. And while we can’t offer you ball pools and office puppies (yet), we have put together a rather attractive perks package to reward our people. Take a look.
- Flexible working hours*
- Flexible studio / remote working
- 24 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Annual salary reviews
- Bupa private healthcare for you and your partner
- Profit shares and annual bonus scheme
- Commission on new leads (5% of revenue of first project)
- Company pension scheme
- Personal development and wellbeing plan
- Dedicated training budget
- Recruitment referral rewards
- Birthday day off and present
- Weekly Friday drinks / beers
- Away days
- Christmas lunch and party*Minimium 37.5 hours per week
How to apply