*No recruitment companies please*
Position: Senior Designer
Salary: £27K-£35K DOE + benefits
Location: Manchester, UK
This is an exciting time for Holdens. Following a string of new client wins, team appointments and significant growth across the whole agency, we’re in need of a superbly skilled senior designer to join the team at a senior level. An exceptional creative thinker who can support the design and wider team in producing effective and outstanding work.
Here at Holdens, we challenge, support and inspire one another to bring brands to life and create meaningful experiences in ever more unique and innovative ways.
How do we do that? By attracting the very best creative minds…
What we’re looking for…
A world-class creative.
Someone with a passion for producing beautiful designs and using them strategically to enhance brand experiences.
An exceptional visual communicator with an instinct for getting to that spectacular, yet simple idea, and the expertise to bring it to life in captivating and compelling ways, across all channels.
We’re after a Senior Designer. A really, really good one.
Someone with at least 5 years’ agency experience who inspires creativity, innovation and design excellence across all areas of the business.
Day to day, you’ll take a lead role in developing full creative projects; from client briefings, ideation and pitching, right through to art directing, content creation and final delivery. You’ll be a master of conceptualising your amazing ideas and bringing your vision to life, but just as comfortable getting stuck in to art working jobs when needed.
You’ll be working on a variety of projects across a variety of sectors, from arts, entertainment, culture, fashion and tourism, to retail, property, place-making and FMCG sectors. You might be branding a footwear startup one day and designing a fully integrated campaign for a global visitor attraction the next, so you’ll like to mix things up a bit, and you’ll be a dab hand at it too.
You’ll be bursting with creative ideas, and always on the lookout for inspiration, which means you’ll have your finger on the pulse of new and emerging industry trends – ready to bring innovation and originality to everything we create.
A big part of what we do is working collaboratively, with our clients and with one another, so it’s important that you enjoy getting stuck in to conversations and creative sessions, both internally and externally, to develop design ideas and discover new opportunities.
You’ll be a key and trusted member of the agency, working directly with the leadership team to help grow and fulfil our strategic and creative vision.
Oh, and we want someone who’s creative, confident and charismatic, without the ego!
What you’ll need…
- A strong portfolio, jam-packed with creative thinking and campaign ideation across a variety of sectors and channels that demonstrates high standards of graphic design, art working, brand identity work, art direction, campaign, website and app design and all things in between.
- A solid knowledge of UI and UX design.
- A mastery of the tools of the trade, especially Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and XD and a working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite. Experience with Adobe After Effects, Keynote and Sketch would also be very nice, but not essential.
- Experience in CGI and 3D Design or animation and motion graphics would be a lovely bonus.
- The ability to think beyond conventional design rules – a drive to innovate, break moulds and do things differently in order to create the very best experiences for our clients.
- A meticulous eye for detail and a relentless curiosity to solve complex creative problems.
- Strong communication skills. You‘ll have experience presenting and effectively conveying the creative and technical aspects of your work to clients and managing those relationships. You’ll also need to inspire and motivate your fellow designers and others in the studio.
- A minimum of 5 years’ integrated agency experience.
What you’ll get out of it…
Development and wellbeing
As a people-focused business, we take our own people’s development and wellbeing very seriously. In fact, it’s our number one priority. That’s because we’re only as good as the individuals in our team. We really care. And to carry on producing great work, we need every single one of us to be on top form.
At Holdens you’ll benefit from a bespoke development and wellbeing scheme from the moment you step through the door. We call it Holdens VIP. It gives everyone that works here access to all the things they need to make them happier and more well-rounded. We’ll work together with you to identify your goals and then put a plan together to help you achieve them. Regular check-ins whenever you need them mean you never stray off track either. Even better, your Holdens VIP plan gives you access to an annual training budget. So whether it’s motion design or meditation you need help with, we’ve got you covered.
And that’s not all. Holdens VIP also rewards all our lovely people with access to a fabulous perks package, jam-packed with loads of bonuses and benefits…
Entitlements and benefits
- Flexible working hours (Minimum 37.5 hours per week between 8:00am and 6:00pm daily)
- 24 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Personal development and wellbeing plan
- Dedicated training budget
- Regular personal development reviews (And whenever you need them)
- Regular salary reviews based on performance
- Profit shares and annual bonus scheme
- Commission on new leads
- Bupa private healthcare for you and your partner
- Company pension scheme
- Recruitment referral rewards
- Rewards for long-serving team members
- Birthday lie in and present
- Access to Perkbox discounts and rewards
- 10% discount at Nuffield Health
- Weekly Friday drinks and 4pm finish
- Annual away day
- Christmas lunch and party