Position: Social Media Manager
Salary: £DOE + benefits
Motivated by the thought of your work bringing brands and people closer together?
Excited at the prospect of creating new social media trends, not just following them?
If the answer is yes to both of those questions, read on.
We’re looking for an experienced Social Media Manager who’s up for the challenge of improving and growing our social media offering to both new and existing clients.
This role requires a driven and enthusiastic Social Media Manager who lives and breathes social media, is comfortable with fast-paced agency life and is able to work autonomously and as part of a close-knit team.
With at least two years’ agency experience under your belt, you’ll be a pro at developing effective social media strategies, executing those strategies and creating engaging content that brings brands to life.
You’ll be encouraged to bring innovation to the agency’s social media output, keeping up to date with new and emerging trends and technologies. Anything you can bring to the table will be trialled and tested, however irrelevant it is to your job title.
You’ll have the opportunity to gain versatile experience across a range of industries and sectors. One day you might be brainstorming live video ideas for a popular visitor attraction, the next you could be sourcing funny dog and cat videos for a pet food brand.
Most importantly, we’re looking for someone that can really hit the ground running and get stuck into the job at hand. You’ll be given the opportunity to learn quickly and dive head first into exciting challenges with tons of support from the rest of the team.
We work with some amazing brands too, from all walks of life, but recently we’ve made a bit of a name for ourselves in the arts, entertainment and culture, leisure and tourism and retail and FMCG sectors. So expect plenty more where that came from.
A big part of what we do is working collaboratively, so you’ll also get the opportunity to produce amazing work alongside our multi-disciplinary team. Lucky you.
Who we’re looking for
- Developing effective social media strategies based on research and insight into the client’s audiences and objectives
- Creating social media content for clients and the agency, including weekly content calendars and long-term planning
- Managing social media accounts for clients and the agency, including community management and customer service
- Managing paid social for clients and the agency, including building audience profiles, A/B testing, reporting and invoicing
- Attending client meetings with the client services team to advise on best practice and up-sell our social media offering
- Preparing and delivering social media training for clients and stakeholders who will be managing social media internally
- Working closely with the client services team and contributing to the strategic and creative output of client campaigns
- Working closely with the creative team to brainstorm and produce engaging content for a variety of channels and media
- Using native and third party social media analytics tools to monitor and measure the performance of client campaigns
- Compiling reports on a weekly/monthly basis to ensure clients are always on track with the performance of campaigns
- Attending social media exhibitions, conferences and networking events to improve your knowledge and widen your network
- Keeping abreast of the latest social media news and trends and learn how to implement these in client campaigns
- Super organised with exceptional admin skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to manage time and multi-task efficiently
- A keen attention to detail and eye for the specifics
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- A passion for the industry and ambition for growth
- An entrepreneurial spirit and commercial acumen
- At least two years working in a Social Media Manager role at an integrated agency or similar
- Proficient with all the major social networks, as well as native and third party analytics tools
- Competent with Microsoft Office and particularly skilled at using Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Familiar with Adobe Creative Suite, particularly Photoshop and InDesign (training will be provided)
As you can tell, we’ve got a pretty good idea about who we’re after. But if you have any particular specialisms or passions, we’d love to hear about them.
Now a bit about us
We unite people and brands by turning big ideas into enriching experiences.
Full-service creative agency. Integrated marketing agency. People call us lots of things. But we like to be defined by our actions. Partnering with brands to create meaningful and evocative experiences that connect them with people.
Coming up with big ideas is still very much in our DNA. But new technology means new ways of bringing them to life – and we do it in all the places and spaces where brands engage with people: physical, digital, experiential and virtual.
From branding, interiors and websites to social media, video and VR, we take a holistic and strategic approach to creating 360° brand experiences that engage people. And we do it using our three-stage approach: Enlighten. Engage. Empower.
Over the years, we’ve quietly attracted the very best creative brains around while still keeping the agency’s family-run mentality and culture at heart. A close-knit collective united by the same restless curiosity and results-driven mindset.
Most importantly, we all firmly believe in the power of brand experiences to change people’s lives for the better. It’s what keeps us up at night and gets us out of bed in the morning. Brands empowering people. People-powered brands.
Building better brands that create better lives.
Brands and people changing the world together.
Creativity, innovation, passion, ambition, honesty.
Holdens VIP is our dedicated people development scheme. It gives everyone that works here access to all the things they need to make them better people. Stuff like quarterly reviews and training budgets. Oh, and a bunch of cool perks too. Sounds good doesn’t it?
Development and wellbeing
As a people business, we take our own people’s development and wellbeing very seriously. In fact, it’s probably our number one priority. That’s because we’re only as good as the individuals in our team. And to carry on producing great work, we need every single one of them to be on top form.
At Holdens you’ll benefit from a development and wellbeing scheme from the first moment you step through the door. We’ll find out what your goals are and then put a plan together to help you achieve them. Regular check-ins mean you never stray off track either.
Even better, your development and wellbeing plan gives you access to an annual training budget. So whether it’s motion design or meditation you need help with, we’ve always got you covered.
Entitlements and benefits
Everyone here is a Holdens VIP. No exceptions. And while we can’t offer you ball pools and office puppies (yet), we have put together a rather attractive perks package to reward our people. Take a look:
- Flexible working hours*
- 24 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Annual salary reviews
- Profit shares and annual bonus scheme
- Commission on new leads
- Company pension scheme
- Personal development and wellbeing plan
- Dedicated training budget
- Recruitment referral rewards
- Rewards for long-serving team members
- Birthday lie in and present
- Access to Perkbox discounts
- 10% discount at Nuffield Health (Printworks)
- Monthly Friday beers
- Quarterly away days
- Christmas lunch and party.
*Minimum 37.5 hours per week between 8:00am and 5:30pm daily
How to apply
Heard enough? Send us your CV and portfolio: firstname.lastname@example.org